The next few days will be crazy so I will probably be a bit scarce around here.
Thursday, I will be attending the Faculty District Conference Day, which will be held close to downtown Dallas. Oh, the joys of driving in morning rush-hour traffic! I attend this conference now because I got so bored with the PSS Conference Day. (PSS=Professional Support Staff) Tonight I will have to dig around here for something to wear that looks semi-professional and still fits. I will also need to get my professional bag out and load it up with stuff to do, as well as purse jumk. I have been taking my small sketchbook and travel pencilcase to these conferences for the past few years and I have gotten some work done. I am debating about taking a printout of working stories. When I am drawing, I can listen to the various speakers, but I cannot do that when I am writing.
I forgot to get up early today to wash my hair so it would be tightly curled for tomorrow. I air-dry it so it does not work to wash it when I get home from work. It usually is not completely dry by the time I go to bed so it flattens out in places and looks more goofy than usual.
The conference is a two-day shindig, with Friday being a professional development day. Last year, our dept went to the sculpture museum and visited the big boss's husband's art restoration business. This Friday, our area is doing an all-day training session in Dreamweaver MX 2004 for faculty and our staff. I use Dreamweaver MX in the office and at home, but the lab computers have MX 2004 and the interface has changed. The items while working in the WYSIWYG window look a little different as well. The class is something developed by Macromedia and we are test-driving it on Friday. The class filled out within the day I posted the email, with seven people on the waiting list. I have to find my resume to take to the class, since the final project will yield an online resume. It's not like I cannot do that on my own but this is a requirement for this conference.
Yesterday I left at 2:30pm with cramps from hell. They affect my front, my lower back, and shoot down the insides and backs of my legs. Add the PMS headache, dizziness and spacy feeling and it was not a good day. I went home and crawled into bed. I woke up about 7pm with a terrible backache but got up and ate some leftover pizza. Kick-me-in-the-groin cramps concentrated themselves at about 8pm and my period finally started. I was awake until 3am because the pain would not let me sleep, even with hitting it with Midol. The hormones I take are supposed to stop this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Yesterday we also had some kind of fire alert or something so we had to evacuate the building. Afterward, one of the ladies from Disabilities Services told me we had to make sure the disabled student we have in the dept (deaf, fake legs, bad eyes) does not use the elevator. I told her he was already outside by the time we got everyone herded out and I don't know how he got there. See, we have to leave disabled students in the building for the police to handle because of liability issues. This particular student is so fragile, if some unauthorized person picked him up, that person would break his bones. Why she told me (read: gently chewed me out) and not our building safety people is beyond me, especially since I am just a grunt and not in charge.
I officially made claim to a week of vacation beginning Feb 28 and going through the first week of March. The muses are very happy.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*